Your brain is comprised of approximately 100 BILLION neurons. A neuron is a specialized cell that transmits information via electrical chemical impulses that travel from one neuron to another via neural synapses (pathways between the neurons).
Depending on the messages being transmitted, these impulses move from neuron to neuron in a regular pattern (a brain wave) that can be measured using specialized equipment called an EEG.
Scientists have been able to use the EEG to distinguish 5 distinct brain waves that equate to 5 different mental states that can be generally described as…
At any given time a person’s overall brain wave pattern is a combination of the alpha, beta, theta, delta, and gamma brain waves and each of these patterns, in general, equates to different mental, emotional, even spiritual states.
Brainwave Entrainment technology has been designed to entrain your brain into specific brain wave patterns, hence enabling you to move into a desired mental/emotional state.
Brainwave Entrainment is based upon the discovery by a Dutch scientist named Christian Huygens in 1665. Huygens observed that when a number of clocks were put in a room, the pendulums would eventually all synchronize with one another’s rhythm, no matter how intentionally off rhythm they were started. He called this tendency to synchronize entrainment. This natural entrainment was so precise that even alignment with the most advanced machines could not get them synchronized as well.
The human brain also follows the same kind of entrainment response, responding to rhythmic outside stimuli (for example drumming), shifting brainwaves until they moves into synchronization.
Brainwave Entrainment technologies capitalize on this Frequency Following Response (FFR) to help guide the listener into a more desirable state. A number of different methods are used, including…
Another benefit to regular brainwave entrainment listening not mentioned above is that in order to enable the entrainment to take place new neural connections (synapses) are formed between the neurons. These synapses enable many new pathways for information to travel, which in turn increases both the flexibility, creativity, and information holding capabilities of the brain.
In other words, listening to brainwave entrainment, just by its nature, makes you smarter.
Some General Guidelines When Listening to the Super Mind Music BWE Audios
1) There is no one right way to listen to the Super Mind Music audios but we do have some general guidelines to help you get the most out of your experience.
2) Use headphones unless otherwise specifically stated. Most of our audios are created with different sounds coming from the left and right channel, and it is how the brain processes this different information that creates the bwe effct.
You can absolutely listen to the Super Mind Music Albums while doing other things, but please don’t do anything that could create injury (no operating heavy equipment or chopping vegetables please). Whether you realize it or not the audios move you into an altered state of consciousness.
3) With each of the audios there is a short term and a long term effect. In the short term (while listening and immediately after) you can expect to receive some level of the benefits described for the individual audio and you can also expect those benefits to increase with repeat listening.
Maximum benefits are achieved after listening daily for approximately 30 days. This is how long it is estimated to take for the new neural synapses to take root and the new way of thinking to become somewhat habitualized.
Continued listening after the 30 days is encouraged as often as you like, not only because the music is so beautiful to listen to, but also because continued listening will strengthen and further increase the permanence of the audios effect.
4) You can absolutely listen to more than one audio a day and we highly recommend that you should limit the total amount of time you listen to brainwave entrainment technology to not more than 2 hours a day for people new to the technology, and not more than 4 hours total for anyone.
Most people have absolutely no issues listening to our brainwave entrainment audios from the first listen, but every once in a while a person may experience some uncomfortable moments (most notable head pressure or heightened emotion, moodiness) when they first begin listening.
When this happens we strongly recommend that you slow things down, perhaps even to just ten or fifteen minutes to start) and then build up your listening time slowly. There is no benefit to working through the discomfort and in fact it can really slow down your process. Give your brain the opportunity to get use to the technology, comfortably, and you will find that before long you are listening with enjoyment and ease.
5) If you can only listen to a portion of a specific audio please always start at the beginning. The Brainwave Entrainment technology in each audio goes through specific phases designed to guide your brain easily into a specific state. More often than not if you begin somewhere in the middle of an audio you will not receive the desired effect.
6) Please do not listen to any of our Brain Wave Entrainment audios on repeat through the night. For one we believe strongly in our total listen time guidelines. Secondly, the brain also needs some quiet time to process and if it is being fed bwe (or affirmation audios or subliminals) throughout the night than this is not possible and much of the benefits of the audios may be lost.
Where to Get Started?
Super Mind Music combines cutting edge brain wave entrainment (BWE) with beautiful classical and contemporary music to provide you an easy, enjoyable and effective way of improving your life.
And the BWE really is cutting-edge. It’s engineered by Jeff Gignac, who many consider the world’s leading BWE expert.
…and the music really is beautiful, and includes genres such as ambient, classical, piano, dance, chillout, guitar …and more
Click here to learn more about The Super Mind Music Library
Click here for details of individual Super Mind Music albums (over 30 titles available)