Hello and welcome back to the Tools for Detoxification series. In part 1 we explored the concept that when a person says, “I am ready for change”, the body says “Yippeee.. I CAN FINALLY HEAL!” (translation: I can finally let go of all of the junk I’ve been holding onto.) Since the human body is an incredible healing machine, when given the support it needs, will heal itself, since all healing comes from within. Letting go of what we are not (toxins, accumulated waste, toxic emotional thoughts, destructive behaviors, etc) is a process called cleansing or detoxification.
Part 1 focused on the Skin, Respiratory Tract and Lymphatic System. This issue, Part 2 will focus on the GI Tract, Liver and Kidneys. Part 3 will bring in detoxification via the Emotional Body.
As a recap: Toxins accumulate from a variety of reasons including but not limited to: stress, the use of antibiotics; the misuse of alcohol; improper diet including a high intake of refined wheat, refined sugar, artificial sweeteners, too much of, or a lack of protein; and a lack of stomach acid. On a physical level, the body will eliminate toxins via the skin, the respiratory tract, and the lymphatic system (all in part 1); as well as the GI or gastrointestinal tract which includes the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestine (bowel line) and rectum; via the liver and via the kidneys.
The use of an enema, colema, or colonic will assist in bowel or colon care and cleansing. An enema uses approximately 1-2 quarts of fluid, is held within the colon prior to evacuation, and lasts about 30 minutes. A colema uses five gallons of fluid, evacuation is at will, and lasts about 30 mins. A colonic lasts sixty to seventy minutes, uses between 30-50 gallons of fluid with evacuation expressed at will. ALL of these processes are very gentle, nurturing and cleansing. Here are a few combinations and their benefits.
Enema/Colema Solution Additives:
* Organic Coffee~ is one of the best additives to assist the detoxification of the LIVER. As an additive, coffee is best in the morning but can be used in the afternoon. Be Aware of the caffeine affect on the body. Make one cup of very strong Organic Coffee. Example would be to put the amount of coffee used to brew a pot, only use 10 ounces of water. To prepare your enema, mix one cup of very strong coffee with 1-2 quarts of warm water.
* Clay Water in the form of liquid Bentonite Clay assists the bowel in releasing compacted particles. This makes a more effective cleanser because it attracts a number of undesirable chemicals and removes them from the body. Use a Clay water enema/colema only at night. To prepare use 1/4 to ½ cup of Clay water with 1-2 quarts of warm water for the enema or with 5 gallons of water for a colema.
* Garlic ~ is an excellent additive if you think you might have worms or other intestinal parasites. Even if you do not have intestinal parasites or are unsure, it is a great bowel cleanser. Nothing lives in the presence of garlic. DO NOT MIX GARLIC with CLAY Water. To prepare the garlic additive, place four clean and unpeeled garlic cloves in a blender with one cup of water. Liquefy the garlic. Strain and add the garlic water to the enema/colema water.
* Flaxseed Tea ~ is also known as linseed is high in linolenic acid and the most important of the essential fatty acids. When placed in water, brought to a boil and allowed to steep, flaxseed releases a water-soluble mucilaginous gel with excellent lubricative properties that are very soothing to the digestive tract. To make Flaxseed Tea, bring 2 quarts of water with 4 TBS of whole Flaxseeds to a boil. Turn off the stove, cover and allow it to cool. Add one cup of strained tea in the enema/colema water. This Tea is excellent to drink, strained or unstrained, throughout the day.
* Liquid Chlorophyll ~ is a wonderful additive for the bowel, is soothing and reduces swelling, inflammation, and pain. It cleanses, disinfects, and deodorizes too. Research lists liquid chlorophyll as the greatest natural cleanser and detoxifier. To use add one teaspoon of liquid chlorophyll for every two quarts of water. Combining liquid chlorophyll with flaxseed tea is especially effective.
The liver has over 1 1/2 quarts of blood flowing through it per minute and is the body’s primary filter and detoxification site for the blood. The body can survive without a colon or stomach but not without a liver. The liver uses over 12 percent of our total energy supply and has special cells which filter and destroy foreign bacteria, fungus, viruses, mycoplasmas and cancerous cells. If the bowel is unsuccessful at eliminating harmful substances, they are re-absorbed into the blood. The toxins are then sent to the liver, putting a huge burden on the liver. The liver has many other jobs to perform such as:
*Fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism
*Hormone and foreign chemical metabolism
*Carbohydrate, vitamin and mineral storage
* Assimilation and storage of fat soluble vitamins
* Bile formation and
* Synthesizing blood proteins
As you can see, adding extra work to the liver is not a good idea. Toxins in our body can accumulate in the subcutaneous fat layer under our skin and in the liver. Since the liver is our body’s major waste disposal system it is important to enhance liver function. When I am working with someone, our first line of defense is to incorporate the Liver-Dump. Our second line of defense is to cleanse the liver with an enema, colemea or colonic. Below I include a 3 day Liver-Dump. If you are committed to a longer cleansing process (10-15 days) you can explore the Tissue Regeneration cleanse by Dr Bernard Jensen; Thisilyn Herbal Digestive Sweep by Natures Way; numerous options are available form Garden of Life; or you can contact me and we can co-create a nurturing cleanse designed for YOU. The point is to cleanse the liver.
This particular Liver-Dump can be done for three consecutive days and is to be done on an empty stomach. I have my clients take 10 days off before repeating this process. The ingredients include: 2 TBS Olive Oil + 2 TBS Pure Lemon Juice (not from concentrate) + a pinch of Cayenne Pepper. Directions: First thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, mix ingredients together in a small portion (about ¼ cup) of warm water and drink. You can then go take a shower or prepare your breakfast. Your liver will usually dump on the third day. If you would like to dump the Gallbladder at the same time, add in one clove of crushed garlic.
I have many people ask for my Fat-Flush drink recipe. This mix will also allow you to flush your kidneys. I suggest drinking 2-3 of these containers daily with the remainder of their fluid intake coming from pure water. You can drink this hot or cold.
Basic FAT-Flush recipe:
32 oz of Water
2 TBS of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg’s has the Mother within)
2 TBS Pure Lemon Juice
1 dropper full of Green Tea Extract
liquid Stevia to taste (I alternate between Orange Valencia and Lemon Drop depending on the flavor I desire to create)
I personally make my Fat-Flush drink by the gallon. If you desire to do likewise the combination is ¼ cup Bragg’s ACV + ¼ cup Pure Lemon Juice + 1 squeegee GTE + liquid Stevia to taste. Each ingredient within the Fat-Flush drink has a purpose.
* BRAGGS ACV: provides energy, cleans the liver, helps detoxify the body and boosts the immune system. Fat is simply toxins so this is flushing out the fat.
* Pure LEMON Juice: dumps the liver and built up toxins
* GTE ~ Green Tea extract: provides energy, is an antioxidant, boosts your immune system and cranks up your metabolism allowing your body to burn fat (yeah baby)
* Stevia: sweetens the fat-flush mix and is the number 1 herb to balance Insulin. Stevia will not elevate your blood sugar levels.
Any time you combine Olive Oil with Lemon Juice you will assist the liver in releasing toxins. Be creative with those ingredients as you make salad dressings or toppings.
By now you have a greater understanding of what I meant when I said I could talk or write about detoxification for a while. Hopefully all of this information will have value for you. My suggestion is to print all of this information out so you can refer back to it. With these notes you have a better understanding that by detoxifying the body, we can optimize the well being of our healthy cells. We optimize the well-being of our immune system and provide an avenue for alignment, balance, and harmony with who we truly are. In Part 3 we will explore some wonderful tools on how to detoxify the Emotional Body. So I encourage you to come back.
As always, if I can be of service to you on your nutritional path, I am a phone call or an email away.
PEACE during your cleansing process + GOOD WILL and harmony within your cells and being + JOY to you as you step into all that you are. Much Love awaits you.
JOY, Empowerment and Inspiration await you within the SOUL Food deck one by NADINE, N.D., C.N.S. The app is a beautiful deck of 66 cards providing Soulful Nourishment for the Body, Mind, Emotions and Spirit. Available NOW for your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. If the link does not work for you enter SOUL FOOD + NADINE in the search window within iTunes.
DR NADINE is a Naturopath and Holistic Nutrition Specialist with over 30 years experience in the Health and Fitness Industry and teaches her clients the Art of building and maintaining lean muscle tissue as they drop body fat in a unique program designed for them. Nadine has coached all levels and genre of people and has taught a variety of programs including but not limited to Personal and Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, and Weight Lifting/Bodybuilding. Nadine is available for seminars and workshops based on availability. For more information contact Dr NADINE at 970-443-2541, email: Nadine@CoachNadine.com or visit www.coachnadine.com
PLEASE NOTE: Universal Copyright 2010 is authorized here. Please distribute freely as long as both the author and masteringalchemy.com is included as the resource and this information is distributed on a non-commercial no charge basis.
NADINE is a Naturopath and Holistic Nutrition Specialist with over 30 years experience in the Health and Fitness Industry and teaches her clients the Art of building and maintaining lean muscle tissue as they drop body fat in a unique program designed for them. Nadine has coached all levels and genre of people and has taught a variety of programs including but not limited to Personal and Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, and Weight Lifting/Bodybuilding. Nadine is available for seminars and workshops based on availability. For more information contact Dr NADINE at 970-443-2541, email: Nadine@CoachNadine.com or visit www.coachnadine.com
and to sign up for Dr. Nadine’s newsletter visit: Dr. Nadine’s Nuggets