A Shamanic Journey is a healing practice in which the person undertakes a journey in imagination during which help is sought from spirit helpers or spirit guides (www.transpersonalscience.org)
Shamanic Journey: Deep Theta is our newest Super Mind Album and has quickly become one of our biggest sellers. Wanting to take full advantage of the power of this recording I decided to take my own journey using the simple how to guide contained in the article, Ten Great Reasons to Take a Shamanic Journey, and to share the results.
1) Before every journey decide, specifically, on what you want to get out of the Shamanic Journey and create a single sentence that you repeat over and over to yourself as you begin the process.
Knowing I was going to share the results I choose….”to bring back a message that will make a significant impact”
2) Create in your mind a beautiful Nature Scene in which to begin your Shamanic Journey. Give it as much detail as you can and imagine that you are there and begin to repeat your intention statement.
I imagined a beautiful willow tree near a large lake. As I repeated my intention statement I walked barefoot in the grass, I swam in the lake, and then felt the hot sun dry my skin
3) Enter into a trance state by whatever means you have available. It is this step that many people can get stuck at, but to make it very easy we have created a Super Mind Music Album Shamanic Journey: Deep Theta, that will help ease your mind into a deep conscious Trance State.
Shamanic Journey: Deep Theta has four separate tracks. For this experience I choose to listen to The Calling #2
4) Continue to repeat your intention statement as you enter trance, and then (after about 5 minutes) imagine a door appearing in front of you. You can make the door as simple or as elaborate as you want.
I looked around for the door half expecting to find it in the willow tree – but instead a fountain sprang up in the lake and I could see the door in the center of it. I stepped into the water and made my way to the fountain – continuing to repeat my intention. I moved through the water easily – and had no trouble breathing even though I was under water.
5) When you are ready open the door and step through. On the other side of the door you will find the answers you seek. The answers may come from spirit guides or ancestors or perhaps even a Power Animal (a spirit guide in animal form). You may be taken on a journey, shown a vision, or perhaps just be given a word or two. There is no right result on a journey and only the person on the Shamanic Journey can fully evaluate it’s meaning.
I moved into the fountain and it opened into what felt like a tunnel. I moved through the tunnel and out into….
6) At the end of the journey step back through the door and into the original nature scene. Take your time moving back into full consciousness – and as soon as you can grab a pen and some paper and write down everything you remember, including your initial feelings about the experience. This step is important because it will help you more fully integrate the experience and remember it’s meaning.
An open field filled with flowers. My attention was drawn to a butterfly gliding through the air. As I watched the scene around me faded and then I was standing in front of a campfire. I expected others to come to give me a message but instead the scene faded again and this time I was on a beach in front of the ocean. I started to collect shells, thinking I should do something – perhaps even build a shelter – but as soon as I attempted to do anything I felt a strong resistance.
The scene faded again and this time I was in front of the fire which I now noticed was on the beach near the ocean. I was also very aware of a cool breeze….
I sat and watched the fire. Day turned into night and then back into day and back again into night. Eventually I felt movement within me and I got up and danced with the flames and when I did children came and danced with me – but as soon as I attempted to find meaning the children disappeared and I sat in front of the fire again.
and I notice a pulsing coming from my tailbone and so I take the fire, the air, the sand and the ocean and I go and sit inside my tailbone.
and thoughts/worries begin to invade my space and so I get up and walk into the fire. I sit in the fire and feed the fire my thoughts.
The music ends and I am still sitting in the fire that is burning on the beach in my tailbone – but when I go to move I understand that there are still thoughts to burn and so I sit for a few moments more, feeding the thoughts to the fire, and when all the thoughts are gone I get up and walk out of the fire and into my body sitting in the chair. I breath for a moment, wiggle my toes, and begin to document the Shamanic Journey that emptied my mind.
I have some thoughts about the significance of this Shamanic Journey but before I share them I would love to learn your interpretation. And I would also love to hear what happens when you bring your own questions to the process.
If we can collect enough of your stories we will bring them together into an ebook that I am certain will bless many. And if that is not enough incentive we will be gifting random contributors with either a free audio or a valuable coupon to http://mindpowermp3.com
PLEASE NOTE: Today (31st January) is the LAST day you can get Shamanic Journey: Deep Theta for FREE – Click here for details