The success of movies such as The Secret and What the Bleep Do We Know show that people are interested and ready to hear about the similarities of science, energy, and spirituality. I dragged everyone I knew to the What the Bleep movie. And I was so pumped up to apply the law of attraction after watching The Secret I was making affirmation cards the same night!
The premise around the law of attraction is that thoughts have energy that affects our universe. This is not an easy concept to grasp. Even if your intuition tells you that it is possible (or probable), that is often not enough evidence for people to have faith that thoughts truly have energy behind them.
What I would like to do with you over the course of the next few months is give you practical exercises and tools to experience the energy in your body. As it becomes more comfortable to experience the energy, then we can move on to the fun stuff “ applying that energy with consciously directed thought.
Over time you will find that your focus has increased and you can use that focus to help create anything you wish for in your life. You will be able to use your mind to experience deep levels of meditation. Deep meditative states are fertile ground to use your mental energy for your benefit, your family’s benefit, and the world around you.
The first lesson is to learn how to sit and breathe with your energy. This can be as simple or complex as you wish to make it. Let’s choose simple and experience it right now. Here is the process:
1. Close your eyes and mouth, put your tongue on the roof of your mouth, and take 5 deep breaths at your body’s natural breathing pace.
2. Picture a moment in your life that made feel full of joy and happiness. For me, I think of the first time my wife told me she loved me (right before we went sky-diving!).
3. Now that you have selected a moment, step into the moment like you are living it right now. Remember the room or area you were in, the sun or wind against your face, try to remember yourself breathing in that moment, and then really tune into the emotion of the moment. Re-enact in your mind the trigger that made you feel the joy and happiness.
4. When the happy emotions are inside of you, continue to focus on the feeling of joy. Breathe in and out with your eyes and mouth closed, just enjoying the euphoria running through you.
5. Picture and feel the joy expanding throughout your chest. Now it radiates the length of your spine and engulfs you. Continue breathing and staying with the feeling until you are ready to come back.
6. Take note of how your body and mind feel right now.
If you followed along with me, you probably feel great right now. You have to love the power of your mind in meditation! The joy that was radiating in your body was your body’s energy. This has been scientifically proven in countless studies and the popular book HeartMath Solution.
But there is no greater proof in my book than personal experience. Each month we will learn a meditation to explore our energy and its wonderful uses.