One of the most common questions I get when helping people create the life of their dreams using the Law of Attraction, is: “How do I figure out what to aim for?”
This is a very, very important question. Picking the correct objective is the single most important thing you can do to ensure it’s achievement.
The reason this is true is because…if you pick the right objective, you greatly reduce the possible number of internal blocks AND start off with a huge amount of desire (which is one of the greatest catalysts to manifesting anything – just ask Napolean Hill.)
So you want to pick an objective for which:
a) You have a massive amount of desire for and;
b) Narrow it down to reduce the number of possible internal blocks. We use believability to measure the possibility of internal blocks.
Even if you have some very pressing issue that you’re almost certain will be your objective, you’ll find the processes relating to narrowing your objective very useful.
How To Identify What You Have A Massive Desire For
1) Rate your level of happiness on a scale of 1 to 10 in each of the following areas of your life:
2) Use the area with the lowest rating as a starting point. Identify what specifically about this area makes you the *most* unhappy.
That’s probably the area of your strongest desire…the desire to fix that unhappiness.
Example: Being overweight, I really hate it.
How To Narrow Your Objective To Increase Probably of Achievement
3) Figure out exactly how you’d need the specific area identified in step 2 to be in order for it to be a perfect 10. By perfect 10, I mean PERFECT…don’t settle for anything less.
Forget about practicality for now.
Continue to tweak the image in your mind until it’s a perfect 10.
Example: First I imagine fitting into that shirt I’ve always wanted. That’s an 8. So I ask: “How can I make this a 10?” I decide I’d like to have a perfect six pack that’s clearly visible in the morning. Then I reassess
4) Now word that imaginary experience in the present tense, from the point of view of having just achieved it.
Example: I weigh 80 kg’s, with a body fat percentage of 9%. I fit perfectly into that fitted shirt I bought last year. As I brush my teeth in the morning, I enjoy the sight of my perfect abs
5) Read the written affirmation, and re-kindle the experience, then rate on a scale of 1 to 10, how desirable this outcome is. If it’s less than a 10, go back and tweak.
6) Next, read the affirmation, re-kindle the experience and rate on a scale of 1 to 10 how believable it is that you achieve this objective within the next 3 months. 10 being 100% certain of achievement if you do what’s necessary, 0 being impossible no matter what.
If it’s less than a 10, tweak the written affirmation and image until you get it to a 10. You may have to reduce some aspects…that’s ok, you’re tweaking the goal to make it more believable so you run across fewer roadblocks later on.
Example: I weigh 83 kg’s, with a body fat percentage of 11%. I fit perfectly into that fitted shirt I bought last year. As I brush my teeth in the morning, I enjoy the broad outline of my abs peeking out…I’m excited about how it will look in 3 months time if I keep this up!
7) Once you’ve tweaked the objective for believability, go back and rate desirability once more. If it’s less than an 8 tweak desirability, then go back and check believability.
If it’s more than an 8, congratulations, you’ve got an objective that’s about as close to perfect as possible.
In other words, you’ve found the balance between something you greatly desire and something you have a great chance of achieving (which was measured by believability).
If you enjoyed this article, take a moment to check out my step-by-step blueprint for manifesting anything you desire at:
Rishan retired from his job as an actuary at the age of 24 thanks to his passion for peak performance and personal development. Since then he’s helped over a dozen others achieve the same level of freedom.