My car was stolen yesterday. I just loved my little rav 4, as much of an inanimate object that it was. it was 6 years old – we had been through alot together. I am just so astonished that in a sea of over a thousand cars, someone chose mine to take. I am trying to look at this positively; the car was insured, and I owned it outright. It was truly mine (until now). I am very angry and upset that someone would take something of mine, that I’ve worked for, paid for and heck, it just wasn’t theirs! any suggestions how to let go of being so pissed off?? I know it’s unhealthy. thank you for any help you can provide!
Would you rather be happy or would you rather have your car?
Would you rather be happy or be angry at those that took your car?
Sit with these questions carefully. If the answer is you would rather be angry and you would rather have your car, then I don’t expect that anything I write will be of much value to you.
But if your answer is you would rather be Happy – then please, read on…
As human’s we tend to collect people and things and believe that they somehow define us – that they are part of what we are -my home, my car, my children, my job, my friends, my money. And as we identify them as part of us – we mark them by leaving a bit of our energy with them.
And when we lose them, for whatever reason, we then feel the loss as if we lost a part of ourselves.
But we can take ourselves back – and we can do it fairly easily – and the more we reclaim our energy – the more capable we become to enjoy what we have, and who we are with, in the moment, and to release them when they are gone.
Marie – please realize that in many ways the one(s) who took your car did you a great favor. They identified a place where you gave yourself away – and they have given you an opportunity to consciously take it back. In the moment we take ourselves back from all our attachments we become free – and in that freedom we find true happiness – the happiness that comes from the understanding that all we will ever require is within us.
So how do you take yourself back from the car? One very powerful way is to use The Rose…
1) Take a moment to center and find yourself. Watch your breath and be aware of how you are feeling in your body. “Notice Yourself”
2) Imagine a Red Rose sitting about 12 inches in front of you. If you have trouble imaging a rose, then remember what a rose looks like and pretend that it is sitting in front of you. See the rose’s petals, the stem, the leaves.
3) Bring up the memory of the car and your anger and sense of loss. Don’t attempt to do anything with the memory, just allow what you have been holding to come to the surface of your consciousness, just “watch it”.
4) Instruct the rose to “collect you up” from the memory of the car. I know it may sound crazy – do it anyway. You will have a sense that something is happening (trust however it comes to you)- you may feel a pulling or have a sense that the rose is changing – getting bigger or changing color or beginning to wilt. And you will know when the rose is “full” – and it won’t take long.
5) When the rose is “full” – with a sense of gratitude – “blow it up” like it was fireworks – and take your energy back. You may or may not feel the shift – many people feel bigger – or more open – or more complete.
6) Begin again from step 2, with the creation of another Rose. When you go to step 3 you will notice that your memory of the car will have shifted somewhat. Either the emotion has decreased – or it has changed – let it be whatever it is – you will now be able to take yourself back from that aspect of the attachment.
7) Continue with steps 2-5 until you can bring up the memory of the car without the emotion. Then breath deep and enjoy the new freedom.
I learned about the Rose from Jim Self – and he provides teaching on this and other tools for free at http://masteringalchemy.com. The Rose is one of the most powerful tools I have ever come across and I recommend that everyone who reads this and feels at all inspired to please begin to play with it – to ask questions here in the comment section – and to consider learning more by visiting Jim’s site.
And Marie – we would all love to learn how much you are enjoying driving around in your new car
About Ask Cyndi
To learn more about me and a little bit about my motivation see…Why Ask Cyndi
The questions that I answer will be published in the ezine and an email will also be sent to the person who asked the question. I initially thought that I wouldn’t use real names in my reply – but the energy wasn’t quite right (I sit in presence with everyone I communicate with)- so unless requested otherwise I will use your first name in the response.
My plan is to publish new questions 3-5 times a week (or more) – so check back often
Please use the comment section at the end of post (after the form below) to share your thoughts on the question and the response. We are a Community that is growing in Love and Light in every moment – and our combined intention for the Highest and Best can and will move mountains
To submit your own question to Ask Cyndi fill in the following form. When you hit the submit button the information on the form will be sent to my email address. In the response I will use your first name (unless requested otherwise) but your email address will remain confidential. Do not use this form to leave comments – for that go to the comment section below the post